Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time for a room update!


Let’s get organized!

This summer I wanted to do something to spruce up my room.  Getting ready for my 7th year teaching, many of the things I need for each year are already made, but there are many ways I can update my room.

I decided to make new labels for my supplies.  I just used Google Images for the pictures (instead of clip art). I love, love, love how they turned out!

 

 


Next I worked on my planning drawers.  I use them for planning my days, and my weeks.  (We do our main copying a month at a time, so I have a month loosely planned at a time.)   Each week (typically Thursday night) I pull out next week’s drawer, and empty it by putting everything where it goes.
 
 I added paper clips to hold a card that says the date (I used to use sticky notes—they were functional but these are so much cuter!) J
My secret was a low-temp hot glue gun.  I hot glued each sign on-- that way it sticks really well, but CAN be removed in the future if it's necessary!

 
      
 
 
 

 My last big project was updating my “Frog Trays”.  (My tables are each a different color frog- red frogs, yellow frogs, etc.)  I put new labels on the sides and the back. I LOVE them because now the papers don’t slip out the back! J
 
 
 
 

I don't know about you, but a little bit of "cute" and "creativity" gets me all jazzed up!   These little, easy, updates were just the changes I needed to start this year!
 
Have a terrific day!!

1 comment:

  1. Please send me the printables for your math toolbox. I love it!

    Thanks so much
    dmathews@live.com

    ReplyDelete